Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday Night Cinema

Alrighty...here's my weekly round up of recently watched flicks.

Let the Right One In: Swedish vampire flick that is pretty awesome (should have enjoyed some swedish fish while watching). Oskar is a bullied kid who befriends Eli, a child vampire. Please believe when I say this is not Twilight...after the movie finished I went to wash my face. I heard a noise and about jumped twenty feet. I wouldn't go back into the bathroom until D investigated the noise (it was the water pipes). Foreign films can be more enjoyable than American one's because those directors don't feel the need to jump camera angles every few seconds. That's also another reason I don't mind E watching foreign films with me. She hears me read the subtitles to her while having a singular shot play out the scene.

OutRage: documentary on closeted gays in government. The kicker? Most of said congressmen gays vote down gay rights.

Near Dark: Kathryn Bigelow (Hurt Locker) directs this western/vampire genre stinker. It's so beyond cheesy, plus obvious cracks in the story that made this hard to watch. D loved the film, and this got me thinking Hurt Locker & Point Break must be anomalies, or perhaps Near Dark is the oddity in her catalog?

Princess & The Frog: Baby E loved the film. It wasn't Beauty and the Beast, but it wasn't Mulan (haven't seen Mulan, but doesn't seem as great as other Disney films)

Dear John: Nicholas Sparks tries to recreate the magic of 'A Walk to Remember' and 'The Notebook' It...was...meh

An American Werewolf in London: GREAT flick!!! Gosh I really don't know where to begin with out giving it away. It's really good

Kalifornia: 1992 Brad Pitt/David Duchovany film about a writer (David) trying to finish his book on serial killers as he travels in a car to California with his girlfriend. They give a ride to man, who just so happens to be a serial killer. What are the odds!! (warning, very 90's)

No comments:

Post a Comment